Sunday, December 4, 2016

Now What?

I really wanted this trip to be memorable for Marty, so it wasn't just about paying for a better experience, but I wanted us to do the things, such as snorkeling, that Marty loves. However, for months Marty has had terrible pain in his left shoulder. After several doctors visits and tests, its a torn rotator cuff. Surgery will wait until after the trip, but it means swimming is out. A few weeks ago Marty began having back spasms. Two doctor's visits later, still no relief. I guess the dune buggy ride in Grand Turk is looking iffy. Marty assures me he is fine with laying in the sun and just relaxing, and I'm sure he is.....But I'm not! Oh Lordy, but I am going to go out of my head with boredom. It wouldn't be so bad if Marty didn't have a fit every time I leave his sunbathing side and go to trivia or something. I burn super easy, Mary just gets a nice dark tan, I just can't spend an entire week in the sun, just "relaxing."

Thankfully, on such a large ship there should be plenty to do. I have gotten us passes to the Thermal Suite in the spa, Carnival has lots of trivia during the day, there are both an IMAX theater and a Thrill theater, plus the water park, putt-putt golf, ropes course, and a new thing called the sky ride. Lots of food choices, and of course there is always drinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment