Monday, December 12, 2016

The Nightmare, or Why Do I Assume the Worse?

I really, really want this to be a great cruise. Its a milestone birthday for my husband (#60), he works really hard, and I think that sometimes he feels that with the exception of 2 or 3 vacations a year he doesn't have much of a life. Plus he has health issues galore. No sooner does one issue get fixed, then a new one pops up.

My original plan of limo to take us to airport, first class airfare to Miami, a great hotel, and the Havana Cabana Suite has been scaled back a bit. I am driving us to the airport (Logistics more than anything else), premium economy on Jet Blue (Thank goodness I got the bulkhead seats), a hotel that looks great, but is it? And we still have our suite, but will I like the ship?

My sources tell me we are sailing at FULL capacity; all third & fourth berths on the ship are full, and 900+ kids! That means long lines everywhere. Granted, the Havana Cabana area is capacity controlled, but I worry. I reserved the steakhouse for the first night and the Chefs Table back in March. What if our reservations were lost? What if the Thermal Suite is as crowded as I heard? What if it rains, rains, rains? (Weather forecasted is iffy, not too bad, but not great either).  

Normally I go with the flow. I've had rain on vacations before-still enjoyed myself. Dealt with crowds before too, but I want this trip to be PERFECT. And its not for me either, but for a selfless reason, maybe that's why I making myself a wreak.

Take a deep breath Laura. You can't control weather, crowds, etc. Its going to be fine, its going to be fine, its going to..........

No comments:

Post a Comment